Unlike most rewards platforms, Airtime Rewards doesn't require users to read out or scan a code, go through a special website or do anything different to how they usually purchase an item. They simply sign up, add a credit or debit card and Airtime Rewards automatically processes the cashback for you.
Airtime Rewards came to Wunderkind Agency when they wanted to reduce the friction in their onboarding process. They were acquiring users at a rapid pace, but they knew they had a bottleneck somewhere between the user signing up, and actively using their platform.
We worked with Airtime Rewards to uncover this bottleneck, removing a huge obstacle in their revenue growth.
- The client was acquiring users quickly, however, not all of them became activated.
- For the solution to work, users had to add a credit or debit card. As user numbers grew, the % of those users who went on to add a card was falling.
- This was a major problem, as users without a card were worthless, and users with a card were revenue generating.
- Emails and push notifications were all handled by a in-house system, making campaigns slow to deploy.
- Product Analytics - we introduced Mixpanel to the client. Mixpanel is a product analytics platform which allowed us to analyse user paths and uncover where the biggest bottlenecks were.
- CRM - As well as analytics, Mixpanel also has functionality to communicate with & store user information for further communications.
- Onboarding Design - Using the data from Mixpanel and Branch Metrics, we provided the client with an optimised onboarding process.
- Marketing Automation - When the optimised onboarding process had been implemented, we used Mixpanel's marketing automation features to communicate with people who hadn't become activated in order to remind and encourage them to do so.
- As a result, the client's acquisition to activation rate is now 127% higher than it was before the changes were implemented
- This is a huge commercial win, as their activation action was directly linked to revenue.
- This improvement in the efficiency of which they're able to turn marketing spend into revenue also means they can be more aggressive with their acquisition, as they can spend more money to acquire a user and still be profitable as each user is more likely to turn into revenue.